Monday 28 January 2013

S H O R T . S T O R Y : P R O L O G U E

P R O L O G U E

“I wanted everything, so I took it.”

I've seen so many people who have lost themselves to desire and greed. I have watched the best of us fall so far, because they aimed too high. You see that's it, at the top there's nothing to hang on to, if you can't find a way to float you're going to crash. I have been there, I hit the top and it hit right back, sometimes I think that it was all for nothing but now I realise that to truly have everything, people need to think you have nothing.

Fame is a virus, a deadly disease, a poison that spreads like a starved wildfire, it's impossible to outrun it forever. Sooner or later it will catch you, strip the flesh from your bones and leave nothing but your whimpering soul, clinging to ashes.

This is the tale of how I became the greatest nothing. The most sought after shadow, the most famous ghost. I live in hiding, because my affliction is the world's most desired curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment